The Centre Manager, Nadine Wedgwood and SENDCo (Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator) Sue Owen are responsible for the day-to-day support of students identified as having a Special Educational Need or Disability.
At Alpha Learning we ensure that all students can access a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that supports them in reaching their full potential and will be differentiated and personalised according to student need. To this end we commit to,
- Ensuring full entitlement and access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum that is personalised to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring students with Special Educational Needs/Learning Difficulties and Disabilities (SEND) are integrated, as fully as possible, into the life of Alpha Learning.
- Ensuring adequate levels of support are in place and make reasonable adjustments for the needs of individual students, as required.
- Fully involve parents/carers, students and any relevant outside agencies/mainstream schools in the identification, assessment and monitoring process.
- Have procedures in place which ensure that all staff are aware of the needs of students and offer the CPD and training required to meet those needs.
- Acquire, maintain and make full use of appropriate resources, thereby offering appropriate and flexible forms of educational provision.
Further information can be found in our SEND Policy (on the polices page or by request) or by contacting either Nadine Wedgwood (Centre Manager) or Sue Owen (SENDCo) on 01782 212807.